Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girls Party and 100th Post!

This is my 100th post! Woo hoo! I can't believe I have written 100 of these things. When I decided to start a blog last year I was determined to stay consistent with it and I am happy to say I have.:) Blogging is like my journal. I get to write about about the blessings and challenges in my life. I really wish I could get more of my friends to blog!


A couple weeks ago I hosted a junior high girls pajama and movie night at our apartment. Tyler was in Missouri for C&MA general council and I knew I would need to find things to fill up my time while he was away. I saw it as a perfect opportunity to spend quality time with our darling junior high girls. Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings are so busy that I don't always get a chance to connect with all the girls, so it was great to have them over and get to know them better. :)

Here is the counter BEFORE the girls arrived with all their candy! Each girl was supposed to bring a favorite candy to share. Oh my goodness....the entire kitchen was overtaken with candy! We also had pizza and cheesy bread. What's better than lots of estrogen and lots of junk food?;)
I chose 3 of my favorite movie candies to share (It was hard to narrow it down to 3!). Due to my blood sugar issues, we don't have candy around a lot, so it was a special treat:)


Peanut butter M&M's
Starbursts (By the way, Starburst came out with an ALL PINK bag of candy! I love it because the "pinks" are my favorite!)
Sour Patch Kids:)
The girls ended the night with a game of Truth or Dare. Nothing says junior high like a good game of Truth or Dare!:)


2 comments:

  1. I love all the pink Starbursts too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup - pinks are definitely the best ones! Mike & Ikes also came out with an all pink box! :D

    How fun - looks like a great way to spend a night!

    ReplyDelete