Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why I Love Saturdays

There are many reasons why I love Saturdays. They are just a breath of fresh air for me. Here are a few reasons why...

#1-Sleeping In
Oh what a wonderful feeling it is to not wake up to a blaring alarm at 6a.m.! I love Saturdays because I get to turn off my mean alarm and rest up. It's so nice to sleep until I want to be awake! Haha! It's nice to not jump out of bed and have to run straight to the shower and start getting ready. It's wonderful to snuggle up next to Tyler and just snooze!:)

#2-Waffles
While we were in pre-marital counseling, we were asked to think about weekly traditions we could implement in our home. One of the things we decided on was to make waffles every Saturday morning and eat breakfast together. I never dreamed I would look forward to it as much as I do now! During the week we are both usually rushing around trying to get out the door and we normally eat breakfast in the car, so being able to sit down and enjoy delicious waffles every Saturday is a treat! We have an amazing Belgian waffle maker and it's been fun experimenting with new waffle combinations. My favorite so far? Blueberry and chocolate chip! Tyler makes the waffles every Saturday and the delicious smell fills our apartment! Yesterday I was so blessed when he surprised me with breakfast in bed! Waffles, juice, and coffee all while still in bed? Yes please! I had the biggest smile on my face and a happy belly too!:)

#3-Saturday Walks
Tyler and I try to get out and walk as much as we can in the evenings during the week. However, I love our Saturday walks! We usually try to go to Mt. Rubidoux or Andulka Park on Saturdays and I love that we can walk as long as we want!:) I feel much better when I am consistently exercising and I love just being with my Love and doing something that is good for our bodies. :)

#4- Softball
Tyler is currently playing another season of softball and every Saturday night he has a game. He loves playing and I love being able to watch him play! I do not enjoy how cold and windy it gets at the field, but I have learned to remember to always dress warm, take my blanket, and make a little stop at Starbucks on the way to his game to pick up a warm drink!

#5-Simply Being Together
Saturday is the only day of the week Tyler and I really have to just enjoy some quality time together. We stay very busy during the week and of course church and other church commitments on Sundays, so I love that on Saturdays we can just enjoy being together!:)

These are just a few of the many reasons why I love Saturdays!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment