Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm Done!!

I'm done with my Masters! Yes, it's true! I am done, done, done! After almost 3 years of hard work I am done!
After graduating from Simpson at the end of April 2008, I only took 1 month off before I started my teaching credential program, so I am ready for a break from school! I can't even begin to explain what an amazing feeling it is to be done. I never imagined I would get a Masters degree, but I am so glad I did. The whole process has been more work than I ever dreamed of. Once I decided I wanted to get a Masters, I knew I wanted to finish it before Tyler and I had a family. I am so happy I met that goal. I cannot imagine how much more challenging the process would be as a mother. It was hard enough just as a wife. There have been so many days when I have felt the pull between working on school work and spending time with my wonderful Husband. It has not been easy. Tyler has been an amazing support; I would not have been able to get through it without him. Since day 1 of starting the program he has been an awesome encourager. I think it's incredible how God gives us the strength to finish things we never think we can finish. He gives us strength we never knew we had and strategically places people in our lives that challenge us to keep going and never give up. The journey has been full of challenges, but so rewarding.

Me finishing called for a celebration! I was actually in the dark about when we would celebrate because we had a busy weekend planned which included babysitting some friends' kids, a junior high event, and church. Tyler of course had it all planned to celebrate on Friday night. He planned dinner at the Porterhouse, which was delicious. We also went and saw Water for Elephants. We ended the night with ice cream cake....my favorite! It was a fun celebration!
Here are some pictures!


Me with the fruit of my labor: my COMPLETED thesis!

No comments:

Post a Comment