Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Urban Plunge 2011

It's so not acceptable that I haven't blogged in almost a month! I am going to catch up starting NOW!

Back in June we took our first youth trip with a small group of our junior highers. We spent the weekend serving in Spokane! This serving weekend has traditionally been called "Urban Plunge." It was awesome to watch our students serve and work hard. We also got to take them on a neighborhood exegesis where they spent time reflecting on neighborhoods and living conditions different from their own. It was a great weekend and we have great students!

Team pic! In the back row on the far left is Liz. Liz is in Moses Lake for the summer completing an internship with the children's/junior high ministry and we were blessed to have her as another leader on the trip!

Derek doing yard work:)


Cute Tori:)I adore these boys! Such hard workers!

Ty and Alex taking some time out for a little fun!

Sam working hard!!

No youth trip is complete without a game of Ninja!

I think my most favorite part of the weekend was hearing the students give their testimonies in front of each other. I was definitely in tears. It was awesome to hear what God has done AND is doing in their lives. Us leaders shared our testimonies too and I think it was good for the kids to know more about each of us. Many of the students were very nervous about sharing and they weren't alone. Sharing my testimony always makes me nervous. I felt sick to my stomach before sharing with them. It's always hard for me to be vulnerable, especially when it comes to sharing about my health issues and the challenge they present in my life sometimes. However, they are a huge part of my testimony. God has been so faithful and deserves praise for what He has brought me through and the strength He continues to give me. Even though some things make me feel vulnerable and are very personal, Tyler and I both felt like I should share some of these hard things with the students. I think it's good for the students to see that their leaders can be vulnerable and to hear about what God has brought us through. It was a blessed time with our students.:)


Tyler and I continue to be radically blessed by our new church and the students we get to work with!

No comments:

Post a Comment