Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Ellises in December

Wow! December has been a whirlwind. I seriously do not know where it went. We have been busy! Here's what we have been up to!

We attended our little church progressive dinner. What fun! We are so thankful we got connected with a little church this past fall. It has been so fun getting to know the other people and couples in our group. They have been a big blessing and encouragement to us the past few months.


Disneyland. Disneyland during the holidays is a must for the Ellises. We were able to visit 2 times this holiday season which I think is pretty impressive considering our busy holiday schedules!

We had a fabulous date night at the beginning of December. We started out the evening with dinner at CPK, followed by a stroll around the Mission Inn to look at Christmas lights. We ended the night by stopping in to see Tyler's mom Leslie at Phood on Main (where she works) and she treated us to dessert there....delicious!

On a separate night Tyler and I took a drive around Riverside to look at Christmas lights. We visited Chapman Place for the first time; an entire street of beautiful homes with beautiful lights! I was a very happy girl gazing at lights with a Starbucks hot cocoa in-hand!

We spent Christmas with my side of the family up in Redding. We had a great, restful time with family! My parents just moved into a beautiful new home and it was nice to spend time with them there. I wasn't sure how I would do going to a new house that wasn't "my" house, but I did better than I thought I would. We lived in the last house for 9 years so I have so many fond memories there. When my parents first told me they were moving I cried and cried. Tyler and I took a drive by the old house so I could have some closure. Wow, I am sounding so dramatic.;) It just amazes me how strongly memories and emotions go together. Anyways, I didn't take many pictures on Christmas (surprising, I know!), but here are a few!

Decorating cookies:)
Tyler is a master cookie decorator.:) Really.

When we arrived home from Redding Tyler and I had our husband/wife Christmas! This was our 2nd married Christmas...time has just flown by! Tyler spoiled me with great clothes, beautiful jewelery, pajamas, a new sweatshirt and Sees dark chocolate bordeauxs! :) I am a lucky lady.:)

We still have one more Christmas with Tyler's side of the family. I love this whole 3 Christmases thing!;) We will celebrate with them on New Years day!


I hope that your holiday season has been as blessed as ours! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment