Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter 2010


We started off our Easter weekend with some silly pictures before we dyed our Easter eggs.



I look so serious dying my eggs!



But I was really having fun!:) I am excited about the fun new tradition Tyler and I have started for ourselves!:)



We chose to dye our eggs the pastel colors, but maybe next year we will dye them bright!



The deviled eggs I made for Easter.


Tyler's Easter basket.:) It was fun to put together Easter baskets for each other. We decided this will be another yearly tradition.:)


I made a yummy homemade pineapple upside down cake for our Easter festivities with Tyler's family. This is me posing with the cake at about 12:30a.m. Sunday morning...I was really tired, but I had to get a picture with my cake.:) I am looking forward to making it again sometime because it got great reviews! Have I mentioned how much I love to cook and bake?!;)



Our Easter morning breakfast!:) Heart shaped pancakes with fresh strawberries and peaches and turkey bacon.:) So yummy! I am going to find a way next year to make bunny shaped pancakes...really, I am!;)


Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!:)



Our Easter baskets!:) I got Cadbury eggs (not the ones with filling, but the crispy ones with chocolate inside...my favorite Easter candy!), Recess Pieces, a Dove dark chocolate bunny, and a cute new t-shirt from Old Navy!:)



My cute Hubby with his card.:)

It feels so amazing to call him MY Husband.


Me posing with my Easter basket right before church.:)






We had an awesome Easter! After church we went out to Mimi's Cafe for lunch with Tyler's family and then they all came back to our apartment and hung out.:) We had some shaking going on from the earthquake down in Mexico...that was definitely a little scary!:) Have I mentioned I hate earthquakes?! (Well, I do!) I absolutely love holidays and just the idea of celebrating with the ones I love...Easter provided another opportunity to do so! It was a wonderful day and what made it more wonderful was celebrating what the day was really about. Jesus is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment