Friday, August 6, 2010

1 Blessed Year

On July 17, Tyler and I celebrated one blessed year of marriage. Oh my, how quickly 1 year passed! I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE ONE YEAR FLEW BY SO FAST!

And what a year it's been! On our wedding day, I really couldn't imagine loving Tyler anymore than I already did. One year later: I love him more. This past year has been an amazing journey. I feel so blessed to have walked through it with my best friend. Has the past year always been easy? Oh heck no! We have had to support each other through some very hard things. It's so comforting to know that Tyler is always by my side. I love supporting him as well. Has the past year been fun? Oh my, YES! So much fun! I can't tell you how many times we have laughed until our stomachs hurt! We have had so many fun dates and adventures! I have loved the journey of figuring out how to live with each other...what an exciting adventure of it's own! The simple parts of marriage are amazing...Saturday morning waffles, evening walks, falling asleep every night on Tyler's chest, snuggling on the couch watching movies, meaningful conversations....the simple things bring me so much joy.

God has taught me so much about being a wife this year. At least once I week I read Proverbs 31. It's such a great reminder of my biblical role as a wife. I really believe God has used my marriage to reveal greater things about Himself to me. What a blessing. I can't wait to keep growing in my role as Tyler's wife, to keep learning about him and his needs, to keep loving him and supporting him in all aspects of his life.

Okay, enough talking, now some pictures! Tyler and I celebrated with a fun day and dinner out on our actual anniversary, but since we were leaving for high school camp on the 18th, we planned our anniversary trip for after we returned. We started off our anniversary with bagels and Starbucks. It was fun to sit and reflect over breakfast about our past year. We each took a few minutes to pick our "highs" and "lows" of this past year...once again, I love meaningful conversation.:) After breakfast we headed to Simply Cakes to pick up our recreated wedding cake topper! I love Simply Cakes!:) They were an amazing vendor to work with for our wedding and created a beautiful cake for us! They have been featured on TLC'S Ultimate Cake Off twice now and I know why....they are awesome! When we ordered our wedding cake last year they told us to go ahead and eat our wedding cake topper after our wedding, because they would recreate our cake for us on our first anniversary. We took them up on their offer! Look at this beautiful cake! It was yummy too! I loved my pink wedding cake!
After we picked up our cake, we spent some time just hanging out and swimming at our apartment! Tyler and I had agreed that our big anniversary trip would be enough and so we weren't going to get each other gifts. Well, he LIED! He spoiled me with my favorite goodies from Bath and Body Works and Victoria's Secret...lotion, body wash, and my favorite candle. He also bought me a new dress that I had been eying for awhile but couldn't find anywhere. He went searching for it and found it.:)
After some swimming and gift opening, we headed out to dinner at Phood on Main. It was delicious! The atmosphere was so fun and we had a great time.
Me before leaving for dinner!

Enjoying some downtown lights after dinner:)
At Phood on Main:)
After dinner, we headed home and enjoyed more quality time together and our wedding cake!:)

We had a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment