Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

I can't believe Thanksgiving has already come and gone. How did that happen? This year has just flown by! We had a wonderful day today celebrating with the Ellis side of the family and Christina's dad Phil. Us girls divided up the cooking responsibilities and our meal turned out delish! I lived on the edge and even had seconds of stuffing and green bean casserole...shhh...don't tell my hips. ;) I made homemade sausage and roasted garlic stuffing and once again reminded that homemade is always better. After Thanksgiving dinner, the Ellis boys played their annual football game out in the front yard. It was fun to peek out the windows and watch them play. Meanwhile, the Ellis ladies (and Bob) hung out inside and talked while precious Leila Kate napped on Grammy. Later in the evening, we all watched Toy Story 3 (Well, let's face it...I fell asleep). :) It was an awesome day.

Earlier this week, Christina's mom Aida passed away suddenly from stomach cancer. It was nice to be with Phil and Christina and hear stories about their wife and mother. I can't believe how strong they are during this time; I know it's not their own strength, but the strength from our loving heavenly father. The strength he always gives to the grieving amazes me. What really blessed me was seeing Phil's face light up when he talked about his wife of almost 26 years. The glow radiating from his face confirmed his love for the woman he walked through life with for a quarter of a century. I know how much I love Tyler after being with him for just 3 years. I can't imagine being married to someone for so long and then losing them. I know all of our days and the days of our loved ones are numbered, but how often do we really stop and think of this? We get so wrapped up in the craziness of life that I know I personally forget how fleeting our lives really are. We really do need to cherish every day God gives to us and our loved ones. Thanksgiving 2010 was another wonderful day God blessed me with, as well as my loved ones. I cherished it.



P.S.....While writing this post, I realized I took ZERO pictures on Thanksgiving. What?! Where did I put my head yesterday?

1 comment:

  1. This is so sweet, Sister! I love watching Dad talk about Mom...the love they had was so strong. I always thought it showed...it's nice to hear that you could see it too. :)

    I have a few pics of the boys playing football, but that's it. :/

    ReplyDelete