Saturday, November 6, 2010

Thankfulness


The last several months I have been overwhelmed by all I am blessed with on a daily basis. I know this might sound a little cheesy, but it's true. For some reason, God has really been challenging me to look around me and recognize my blessings. When I start to feel down about something, God has been giving me a swift kick in the behind to change my perspective. Everyday I wake up and am blessed by so many things. I serve an amazing God, am loved by an incredible man, have a wonderful family and friends, and all of my needs are provided for. Living in a state of Thankfulness has really changed how I live everyday and how I view the world around me.

As Thanksgiving quickly approaches, I have noticed that several of my Facebook friends are doing a "30 Days of Thankfulness" status update everyday. Now don't get me wrong, I think this is an awesome idea. However, it has most definitely got me thinking about how often we stop and count our blessings. Is it something we only recognize this time of year? Do we live in a constant state of thankfulness or do we let the little inconveniences and nuisances of life get us down? I know the answer to this question is obvious...of course we do not always stop and count our blessings. Um hello, all of us are moving at the speed of light to accomplish everyday tasks and fulfill our responsibilities. We daily encounter stresses and sorrows....and let's face it...life sometimes is just not fair. However, Ephesians 5:20 challenges us to give thanks always and for everything to God. It is so easy to get wrapped up in all of the "garbage" life throws at us...trust me, I myself am guilty of it....it's toxic. I am striving to live a life of thankfulness as best I can. It's only through Christ's grace that this is possible. He paid the ultimate price for me and above everything else, I am most thankful for that. I challenge you to live a life of thankfulness too...see what it can do for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment