Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's Okay....

It's okay to feel sad right now; I have to keep reminding myself of that.

Today I felt sad. Today I felt bad for feeling sad. I need to stop that. I felt sad today because I missed "the familiar." I missed our family, our town, my job, and my precious little kindergartners. Tyler came home for dinner before we headed off to youth group and in the middle of eating my chicken salad I started crying. Then, I started apologizing for crying. Seriously, I was a mess. Tyler once again reminded me that it's OKAY to feel sad right now. Of course, I feel very happy and excited to be here, but I also feel a sense of loss and sadness. It's hard to explain. I felt so much better after I got some tears out; therapeutic I tell you. I felt even better when we went to Baskin Robbins after church and I had chocolate ice cream. Ice cream: it works every time. Don't worry, I am not really an emotional eater.:)


1 comment:

  1. OK...I seriously love ya! Ice cream is my all time feel-better food! But i am not an emotional eater either, ha ha ha (wink,wink)!! I hope you start to feel at home here, but it is always ok to miss your family and friends and the :comfortable: :)

    ReplyDelete