Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Birthday

So, I know it's March and my birthday was at the end of January, but I am a bit behind in blogging. So, pretend I wrote this blog about 6 weeks ago.;)

I had the most fabulous birthday. I think it's no secret by now that I am married to a romantic. Tyler is so very romantic and ever since we started dating in 2008 I have been utterly shocked and surprised with some of the things he has come up with.

For my birthday I just assumed we would go out to dinner and have cake; I was totally okay with that plan! Every year since I was little it has been a tradition for me to have an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins and it may sound silly, but I look forward to that treat for a couple months prior to my birthday! Cake+ice cream=a happy me. About a week and a half before my birthday Tyler told me that I needed to request a half-day afternoon sub for my birthday. He told me he would pick me up from work around noon and that's ALL he told me up until about 2 days before when he told me I shouldn't plan anything for Friday (the day after my birthday). I asked and asked and asked about what we would be doing, but Tyler wouldn't even give me one stinkin' clue. It was killing me! He is so very good at keeping secrets and it makes me crazy!

Tyler picked me up from work on my birthday, we grabbed lunch at Panera, and then we started driving. After driving for about 20 minutes I started figuring out we were headed to San Diego. I kept asking where we going over and over, but Tyler wouldn't say anything except "You'll see." So, long story made short (well I guess it's already pretty long...sorry!), we ended up in beautiful Cardiff by the Sea (a few miles from San Diego) at a beautiful bed and breakfast! What a wonderful birthday surprise! What impressed me most was that Tyler had packed my suitcase and didn't forget one thing! He even had an ice cream cake for me in a cooler! We enjoyed a delicious birthday dinner at a local Italian restaurant and of course we enjoyed ice cream cake later that night. On Friday we woke up and did our couple devotion overlooking the ocean. It was beautiful and so serene. We walked to Starbucks after we got ready for the day, walked along the ocean, and ate lunch at a fun burger place before we headed home.


Our beautiful room. It's called the "Paradise." So fun and tropical!

Pretty view!
Opening presents! I love prezzies!
Presents!
My cutie husband being silly after dinner:)

Morning devotions overlooking the ocean
Before heading to the beach


I had a great 25th birthday!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment